Friday 5 February 2016

Make Up | My Lipstick Collection

Hello!


Over the past year and a half I have become more interested in lipsticks. Lipsticks are probably now my most bought make up item (bar replacing necessities), alongside eyeshadow.


I decided that now I have a little collection that I would share with you what ones I have. If I have written about a product, there will be an asterik (*) next to the name which, when clicked, will bring you to the review. I decided to also include lip liners, lipstick crayons and a liquid lipstick. Enjoy the products and the swatches!


  • MAC 'Lady Danger'*- This is an orange-toned red, perfect for spring/summer.

  • MAC 'Ruby Woo'*- This was my first MAC lipstick. A matte red lip is my favourite kind of colour and this fits the bill perfectly. 
-(Left to right) MAC Lady Danger, MAC Ruby Woo.

  • bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie 'Break Away'*- My first, and only, bareMinerals lipstick. I got the sample size in a goody bag and recently bought the full size. My perfect brown-toned nude lip. Creamy too!

-bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick 'Break Away'.

  • Collection Volume Sensation 'Ruby Red'- This was my first ever lipstick! My Mum bought it for me after I mentioned that I wanted to start wearing lipstick. Was hooked ever since.

  • Mac Factor 'Cherry Kiss'- I got this in one of those Christmas gifts you get when you spend so much on Max Factor. Another one for the pin-up red lip. It is slightly more sheer than my other ones.

  • L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche 461 'Scarlet Rouge'- If you want that pin-up girl red lip with the intensity to look great with black winged eyeliner, this is your go to.

-Collection Volume Sensation 'Ruby Red', Max Factor 'Cherry Kiss', L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche 461 'Scarlet Rouge'.

  • Rimmel Moisture Renew 'Dark Night Waterl-oops!'*- This was my first darker lipstick. I call it my blackcurrant lipstick. It doesn't apply as evenly as it used to but it is still a lovely colour nonetheless.

  • Rimmel The Only 1 'One-of-a-Kind'- I got this for Christmas 2015 from my sister as it was on my wishlist. It smells dreadful but the colour is another red/purple lipstick that I love.

  • Kiko Milano Intensely Lavish 06 'Melodious Wine'*- Similar to the colour above, it is a red/purple one and my first lipstick from Kiko. I am incredibly obsessed with this lipstick as it's creamy, long lasting and matches my hair colour.

-Rimmel Moisture Renew 'Dark Night Waterl-oops!', Rimmel The Only 1 'One-of-a-Kind', Kiko Milano Intensely Lavish 06 'Melodious Wine'.

  • Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm 'Striking' Lip Crayon*- My first lip crayon. I asked for Shameless for my birthday but got this one instead. Nevertheless it is a nice formula and is great for when you want to wear lipstick but don't have the time to do it properly. You don't need a lip liner and it applies really quickly.

  • Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm 'Shameless' Lip Crayon*- After not getting Shameless for my birthday I bought it myself. It wouldn't be to everyone's taste as it is a purple lip crayon but I personally love a purple lip. Again, it is great for the times when you need something quick and easy to apply.

-Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm 'Striking', Revlon Colourburst Mate Balm 'Break Away'.

  • BarryM Cosmetics 37 Black- I love alternative styles and make up and I always wanted a black lipstick. The formula for this lipstick isn't great so I can't wear it outside but it is good for photos. It is too smeary and uneven to wear out. One day I will find the perfect black lipstick!

  • Revlon Super Lustrous Matte 001 'Nude Attitude'- I'm not going to lie, I hate this. I got it in a Glossybox and I absolutely hate it. I hate the colour, it looks like foundation lips, and it applies smeary and uneven. I wouldn't even give this to someone else. I am so disappointed with it and will probably end up binning it.

  • Essence Liquid Lipstick 'Show Off'- I also got this in a Glossybox. I haven't worn it yet to give an opinion on it but it does seem like it takes a long time to dry just from swatching it. I'm not expecting much from it as Essence is a cheap brand so we will just have to see!

-BarryM Cosmetics 37 Black, Revlon Super Lustrous Matte 001 'Nude Attitude', Essence Liquid Lipstick 'Show Off!'.

  • L'Oreal Paris Lip Liner Couture 462 'Scarlet Rouge'- I asked for a red lip liner for Christmas as I wear a lot of red lipsticks and thought they'd look even nicer with a lip liner. My friend heard my request and bought me this one which I didn't realise until making this post that it matches my red lipstick from L'Oreal. Bonus!

  • Kiko Milano Intensely Lavish Lip Liner 06 'Melodious Wine'*- I bought this as it matches the Kiko Intensely Lavish Lipstick that I have. It makes it look even nicer than I thought possible on the lips and I love it for over-lining my upper lip. It's creamy too!

-L'Oreal Paris Lip Liner Couture 462 'Scarlet Rouge', Kiko Milano Intensely Lavish Lip Liner 06 'Melodious Wine'.


As you can see, my lip collection has grew quite a bit since my first lipstick collection post. Do you have any of the same lipsticks as me?



No comments:

Post a Comment