Friday 24 April 2015

MAC | Ruby Woo

Behold- my first ever Mac Cosmetics product! For my birthday my friends kindly bought me this Mac 'Ruby Woo' lipstick and I instantly fell in love. I have been wanting a Mac lipstick for a long while but I never felt like I owned enough money myself to justify spending £15.50 on a lipstick. But I finally have one!

The packaging is so sleek and beautiful. As everyone knows about Mac lipsticks it comes in a stunning little black bullet with silver on the part that you use to twist up the lipstick. It is gorgeous, easily recognisable and gives that 'high end' feeling.

As for the colour, it is incredible as you can see below:

It is a classic red that really is the perfect matte colour. It's for those days when you want that classic, bold red lip that make a statement pin up girl style. I adore this colour!

And this is what it looks like at night-time: 
 So what about the formula? Well, it glides smoothly on your lips and gives you a strongly pigmented statement. With the help of a lip brush or a lip liner you can achieve the perfect lines that make your lips stand out from the crowd. I wore this lipstick when I went out for a meal on my birthday and the colour stayed on well no matter what I ate or drank. It is one of those lipsticks that will stay on all through the day and would probably only need topping up once.

I have read reviews that have said that this lipstick is quite drying but I disagree. It is a matte lipstick so it obviously isn't the most moisturising of lipsticks but I don't find that it dries out my lips or clings to any dry bits on my lips.

Overall I am really smitten with this lipstick and it is my ultimate favourite right now. I love having any excuse to wear it!

Have you got Ruby Woo? What do you think? And what was your first Mac product? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment