Thursday 25 January 2018

The Best Skincare of 2017


I know it's late into January, but I still wanted to share my favourite skincare products of 2017!


  • Best Spot Treatment: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion- I discovered this later in the year but I have used it every single night since. It sounds really gross but it does a good job of drying acne out over night.

  • Best Serum: The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%- I love this loads and I've repurchased it. Great for fading acne scars.

  • Best Essence Lotion: The Body Shop Drops of Youth Essence Lotion- I've used this all year and there is still loads in the bottle. A little goes a long way, it feels like water on the skin and is good for us in our 20's who want to start fighting the first signs of ageing.

  • Best Cleansing Pads: Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads- I've used these every morning throughout the year and it is also fantastic at fading scarring. 

  • Best Moisturiser: The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream- I've used all the different Vitamin E creams and decided this was the best one as it isn't too thick, isn't too thin, and soaks in quickly. The Aloe Vera creams were a close contender. Perfect for sensitive and dry skin.

  • Best Eye Make Up Remover: The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser- I use this with my Neutrogena Micellar Water to remove eye make up. I find it so easy to remove a lot of eye make up without having to rub at my eyes hard or pull out eyelashes.




  • Best Body Moisturiser: Lush Dream Cream- I used to use this years ago, but repurchased it when I had my tattoo done to help it heal as the cream I was using before wasn't working. It did wonders for my tattoo and after I had touch ups done it healed great! I've since been using it on my eyelids and neck, because they become very dry and sore in the winter. It is the only thing doing the trick!


  • Best Face Mask: Neutrogena Light Therapy Mask- This looks like a robot mask but it is actually an LED mask to treat acne under the skin. You wear it for 10 minutes every day and is completely safe. 


And the usual suspects who are my favourite every year...

  • Best Lip Scrub: Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub
  • Best Face Wash: The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash
  • Best Make Up Remover: Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
  • Best Toners: The Body Shop Vitamin E & Tea Tree Toner (The vitamin E one for when my skin is dry and the tea tree one for blemished skin)


Thanks for reading :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment