Sunday 4 September 2016

August Favourites: Beauty, Fashion & TV


I know it's September now but I don't want to miss my August favourites!


At the beginning of August I treated myself to the Zoeva Rose Golden Eyeshadow Palette which I bought from BeautyBay. It arrived next day even though I didn't ask for next day delivery which was pretty cool! But anyway, this palette is a mix of shimmers and mattes and my favourite colour is 'Copper is King'. The quality is great and it is my most used palette of August. I highly recommend it!


Another new item in August for me was Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in 'Lolita'. My brother bought it for me in America and brought it back which definitely gave him extra brother points. I knew it was an extremely popular colour and he said it was always sold out! I have only worn one other lipstick in August and that was only one day: nearly everyday I've worn this lipstick! It is the perfect brown nude and I am relieved I have a back up of it.


My other two beauty favourites are actually make up brushes which I've had for a long time. The Real Techniques Setting Brush has been in my favourites before because of how versatile it is and since then I have found another use for it. In August I ditched my method of applying concealer with my finger and instead used this brush! It applies great and I can pin point spots with the tip of the brush. As for the small Seventeen eyeshadow brush I have been using it for my inner corner highlight. It is the perfect size for getting into your inner corner and I have mostly been pairing it up with the whiter shade in the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. I love adding some light into the corner of my eyes now!



A non-beauty favourite from August is my new bodysuit from River Island. Before I bought this I was apprehensive of bodysuits because they reminded me too much of the annoying leotards I always had to wear for ballet and tap dancing. However, when I saw 'Rock 'n' Roll Stole My Soul' with a huge skull I knew I had to have it. I love clothing with skulls on and I am certainly a Rock 'n' Roll kinda gal! My favourite way to wear this is with my grey skinny jeans with a ribbed effect on the knees from H&M. I wish I had a better photo of this.



My final favourite is a TV favourite which I am pretty sure is in everyone's August Favourites. Can you guess it? Yes, it's Stranger Things! My boyfriend and I binged watched it across 2 days and we cannot wait for season 2 next year. I love the supernatural element of it and the chemistry between the children are fantastic! Normally I find child actors cringey but here I can certainly see their talent. They're lovable on and off screen and Dustin always has the best quotes in the show by far.


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment