Friday 29 April 2016

Skincare | The Body Shop Aloe Soothing Night Cream


Skincare is important to me. I have acne-prone, blemished and sensitive skin so skincare is vital to ensure my skin can be the clearest it can be without aggravating it. For the majority of my teen years I had been using The Body Shop Tea Tree range and now I have decided to try different skincare items from them.


A couple of months ago, I went to The Body Shop Cribbs Causeway blogger event and as part of that I had a skincare consultation. After having a talk about my skin type, the lady suggested to me that I tried items from the aloe range. She explained to me that aloe is perfect for sensitive skin and for calming things down.


The Aloe Soothing Night Cream is a cream that you use at night time (duh!) which is thicker than the day cream. The lady tried both on the back of my hand and you can definitely feel the difference between them! The product claims to moisturise, be fragrance, colour and alcohol-free with no added preservatives. It says it's best to hydrate skin that needs more gentle care.


The packaging is a slim tub with a pale green lower half to represent the aloe. The product looks more than just your average budget moisturiser and instead looks more luxurious. It looks different to how it does on The Body Shop website so I believe they have had a packaging change. There is also a plastic pull-off lid on the inside which stops any product leaking out of the tub or getting on the roof of the outside lid which is handy!


The cream is thick like how you'd expect from a night cream, but it is not greasy. It's true that a little bit goes a long way and it takes about 15 minutes to soak in fully. I like to keep my hair out of the way in this time as your skin will feel a bit sticky but after it has soaked in it feels fine. Even though it is thick it does not feel heavy on the skin which I am grateful for because when creams feel thick I get worried that it will clog my pores.


It also seems calming and soothing on the skin. I apply it to my face, neck and even around my eyes and it doesn't sting or aggravate at all. Because of my acne I use a lot of skincare products with salicylic acid in and/or tea tree, meaning that on my sensitive skin it can dry it. Lately I have been using a lot of salicylic acid which has left dry patches, particularly on my nose and above my eyes (even though I'm not actually applying it to my eye area!) so I needed something nourishing. This night cream has been quick to get rid of my dry patches and because of it I now have no dry skin on my face! 


When I wake up in the morning my skin does feel much more moisturised than if I had used one of my normal moisturisers before bed. When I first started using this night cream I couldn't get over how soft my skin was that it was hard to refrain from stroking my face! Admittedly after a week of my skin getting used to the product it didn't feel as soft as it initially did, but it still does feel pretty smooth and hydrated. 


I do really like this product. It is £13 but because of it being my birthday this month The Body Shop gave me £5 to spend and then I had a discount on top which means I only paid £4! Despite this I would say it is worth the money and I would repurchase this. It is 50ml so it would be easy to take on holiday and I can imagine it would be amazing to use on your face after you've been out in the sun all day, especially if you've gone red! I would recommend this mainly to anyone who has sensitive skin and/or has sore, dry patches that you want to clear up.



What is your favourite range from The Body Shop?

No comments:

Post a Comment