Tuesday 10 November 2015

L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24hr-Matte Foundation


Hello there!

For probably half a year or so, I had been repeatedly noticing the L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24hr-Matte Foundation appear on blogs and YouTube videos. It seems that there are plenty of make up lovers out there who rate this foundation so I decided I wanted to see what the fuss was about for myself. Was it really as good as everyone was saying?


What are the claims?

The foundation claims to be a matte foundation that reduces shine for up to 24 hours. It also claims to have perfect coverage, have a no cakey effect and be waterproof and steamproof.


Does it live up to its claims?

The foundation is certainly matte. However, it does not remain matte for 24 hours. But who wears their foundation for 24 hours anyway, and who would really expect their foundation to stay perfect that long? I can go out in the day, whether it is to work or elsewhere, or go out on the night, and my foundation WILL stay matte. However, if I were to apply my foundation early in the day and wear it through to the night, the oil of my T-Zone will come through. If I plan to do this, before I go out on the night I do have to blot my T-Zone and reapply powder. It definitely puts my oily T-Zone at bay, but not for all day and night. Alas, this isn't really much of a problem to me. 

I also think it has great coverage. I still apply concealer to areas of the face I know I am increasingly red but I do feel confident that it covers blemishes and redness well. I also agree that it doesn't have a cakey effect which is good because nobody wants to feel suffocated by their own make up!

As for waterproof and steamproof, I don't know. I've never experienced the need for either whilst using this foundation so it wouldn't be fair for me to comment. Despite this, I can say that it is good in heat. I've taken this foundation on holiday with me and it lasted fine in the heat, whereas some foundations can go a bit funny when it is hot.


What I like

I like the fuller coverage for my blemished face and I like that it is matte. It doesn't seem to settle into fine lines on areas of the face that aren't around the eyes. It looks flawless on the skin and doesn't show brush streaks from application. Also, it doesn't have flashback from flash photography which is a relief as my previous foundation did! But to be fair it did have SPF in it and this one doesn't.


What I dislike

The packaging frustrates me. It comes in a squeezy tube which doesn't seem the best form of packaging for foundation as sometimes you have to be careful you don't squeeze out too much product which then comes to waste. Furthermore I can imagine this would become even more annoying when you come to the end of the product and want to try and squeeze out what is left so not to waste it. I would much prefer if it came with a pump!

Although the foundation doesn't settle into fine lines on my fine, it does happen to settle a bit into the fine lines underneath my eyes. It doesn't settle as much as previous foundations have for me but it still does. Because of this every so often I like to wipe my finger lightly across the lines to wipe away any build up of product.

Additionally, you have to work in small patches. The foundation does blend together but it is a bit difficult to blend over a large area. It is better to work in multiple small spaces then blend those spaces together.


To conclude

Overall, I am really fond of this foundation and was impressed when I started using it. I have been using it for 3 months now nearly daily and I do like how it makes my base look. It is matte, it covers my redness and doesn't make me look orange. I will definitely repurchase this foundation when I finish it and for £7.99 the price isn't too bad at all! I would mainly recommend it to people who prefer a fuller, matte coverage and more specifically to people with normal to blemished skin. I don't get an oily T-Zone straight away but I do get one by the end of the day so I am unsure how it would react with someone who gets quite oily immediately. But it is definitely worth a try and maybe with the use of a good primer! I know from the dislikes it may not seem I like it that much but I actually do love it. I had been thinking about trying out this foundation for months and months and I only wish that I had bought it sooner.



Have you used this foundation and if so, what did you think of it?


No comments:

Post a Comment