Sunday 15 November 2015

Christmas on a Student Budget | Gifts for: The Make Up Enthusiast

Whenever I see Christmas guides, more often than not I sit and think to myself: There's no way I could afford that! Although I have just come out of education for a year's break, I still consider myself a student I am certainly still on the budget of one! So I have decided to make a mini series called 'Christmas on a Student Budget' which consist of presents that aren't too expensive and would be helpful for anyone who can't spend too much money this Christmas.


First of all I would like to start with something that I know best: make up. To follow a link to the item I am talking about, just click the product name!


1. Urban Decay De-Slick MakeUp Setting Spray (£9.00, but currently £8.00 on FeelUnique). Want to buy a higher end product for someone without spending the money? Urban Decay is a well known amazing brand which not everyone can afford, so the travel size version of their setting sprays is a great way to go if you don't have the money to spend on their full size products. Their setting sprays are well known for being great and it is bound to receive a thumbs up from your fellow make up lover.


2. Kiko Long Lasting Eyeshadow Stick (£6.90). Eyeshadow sticks are well known as a quick way to apply eyeshadow and they are also good for providing a base for other eyeshadows. Kiko do an amazing range of eyeshadow shades from neutrals to bolds so you're bound to find something here. I own one myself and they are certainly long lasting!


3. Sleek MakeUp i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette (£7.99). Sleek i-Divine eyeshadow palettes are popular for their bargain price and pigmented colours. I have linked you to the 'Storm' palette which is the one I have and use regularly, but there are plenty of others to choose from!


4. Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm or Lacquer Balm (£7.99). I have two of these and let me tell you, they're great! If you prefer a matte lip you can get the matte balms, but if you prefer shine you can go for the lacquer ones. There is a nice range of shades and I have a matte purple and matte red. Lip crayons are really easy to apply and are great for carrying around in your handbag to top up if necessary. I don't even use a lip brush!


5. Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Instant-Perfecting Power Primer (£10.00). If you're buying for someone who loves being able to try out the latest make up products, this would be a good choice. This primer recently came out and it seems to have pretty positive reviews, so this also may be one for the beauty bloggers out there! I like Soap & Glory make up products in general, plus their packaging with their quirky names always makes an appealing looking gift.


6. Real Techniques Setting Brush (£6.99). Everybody knows Real Techniques do incredible make up brushes, and this is one of the cheaper ones. I have the setting brush and I think it is great for concealer, powder and highlighter. It is super soft and makes a lovely addition to anyone's make up brush collection.


That's it! I hope my suggestions were helpful. Look out for my future gift guides coming soon! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment