Tuesday 6 January 2015

2014 in review | What does 2015 hold?

Hey!


So a few things happened in 2014. By far it wasn't the most exciting of years but I made one or two achievements:

  1. I studied for, took my AS Level exams and got decent results
  2. I chose all of my university choices and received offers from all of them
  3. Decided I was going to take a gap year
  4. Began learning to drive
  5. Celebrated my niece's 1st birthday
  6. Celebrated 1 year with my boyfriend
  7. My nephew was born
  8. I saw The Pretty Reckless live
  9. Got my first job
  10. I completed 1 year of blogging
  11. I began to force myself to go to social events and stop letting my anxiety control me so much
In review, I have mixed emotions about 2014. On the positive side I made some important life changing decisions. In addition, I started to say 'no' to my anxiety and 'yes' to doing things like getting a job, learning to drive and going to parties which my anxiety would have never allowed me to do beforehand. However, on the negative side I feel like I had no real life experiences, did nothing particularly fun or exciting and still continued to let my anxiety stop me from doing things. Basically I did a lot of serious life stuff and not enough fun stuff.

So in 2015 I hope to do more with my life. 2015 will be a year where I start a big chapter in my life for many reasons so I need to make it as a positive experience as possible. Here is what will be happening in 2015:

  1. I will study for, take my A Level Exams and hopefully get the results I need
  2. I will (hopefully!) get accepted for a place in 2016 at my chosen university for Psychology
  3. I will celebrate turning 18 years old
  4. I will celebrate 2 years with my boyfriend
  5. I will celebrate my niece's 2nd birthday
  6. I will celebrate my nephew's 1st birthday
  7. I will leave Sixth Form
  8. I will begin my gap year, get a full-time job and start volunteering for a local mental health charity
  9. Pass my driving test
  10. Be blogging for 2 years
Again, these are all serious stuff. 2015 is going to be an important transition for me but I need to give myself more life changes and do more fun things. So here are the things I hope to do:

  1. I hope to continue to fight my anxiety and say yes to more things
  2. Make more friends
  3. Save enough money to go travelling hopefully starting in 2015
  4. Have financial stability enough to go do little fun things even if it is a weekend by the seaside with my boyfriend.
I want to be able to look back at 2015 and know it wasn't all serious and I let my hair down a bit. I want memories I will remember forever and not just pieces of paper that say I can officially drive, have a grade in a subject etc,

What do you want to achieve in 2015? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment