Monday 28 April 2014

HOW TO: Creeping Vine Nail Art!

Hello!

Here is a simple and fun-looking nail art design for you. The 'creeping vine' comes from my days in high school where I would find myself so bored I would start drawing these vines going up all my exercise books. Needless to say my teachers weren't very impressed!


You Will Need:

*A base coat
*A base colour (I used this one from Barry M!)
*A black striper/black nail art pen (I used the one above from Barry M!)
*A shiny top coat

1. Paint your nails with your base coat to protect your nails from staining.

2. Paint your nails with your base colour and leave it to dry completely otherwise the design won't work properly! 

3. To do the creeping vine, use your pen/striper to draw a line from the left bottom corner of your nail to near the centre. Then, draw some various sized lines coming off from each side. The trick is to make the lines coming out of other lines really random and at different sizes. Make sure most of them continue the cycle and leave one or two as they are. Continue this until you are satisfied with the look.

4. Making sure you have left your design to completely dry so the black lines do not smudge, paint on your top coat.

Done!


There you have it! What do you think? Let me know if you recreate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment