Saturday 19 April 2014

How To: Bow Nail Art!

Hey BumbleBeas!

I did this nail design about a month ago and I would like to share with you how I did it as it is definitely in my top 10 of favourite nail arts that I have done and it received so many compliments. It is cute and doesn't take much effort or skill!

What You Need:

*A sky blue nail polish (I used Barry M's Gelly Hi-Shine Guava)
*A black striper or nail art pen (I used Barry M's black nail art pen)
*OPTIONAL: Base coat
*OPTIONAL: Shiny top coat

1. Paint on your favourite base coat to protect your nail and prevent staining from the nail polish. Let it fully dry.

2. Paint all your nails with the blue nail polish and let it dry. You may need more than one coat!

3. You can do this in two different ways, I found it was easier to do both ways depending on how small the nail was or on what hand it was!
                                                            A) Keeping both wrists on your surface to give a steady hand, draw a medium thickness line across your nail. Then, draw two triangles that meet one another at the singular point to form a bow. Colour it in and leave it to dry.

B) Draw two triangles facing one another with the singular point touching one another for the bow. Colour the triangles in then draw a medium thickness line coming out of each side. Leave it to dry.

4. Leaving enough drying time so the next coat doesn't smudge the design, put on your top coat. I recommend using a shiny one as it just adds to the cuteness of it!

And there you have it! Lovely bow nails. I really recommend buying a nail art pen for this as it very similar to drawing with a normal pen so it is soooo much easier to use! You should also decide where you'd like to put the bow on your nails so they all look equal. Perhaps decide to put them all in the middle of your nail or on the left/right side. 

What do you think? Will you try it? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment