Tuesday 25 February 2014

Easter Gifts for Babies!

Hello BumbleBeas!

Last summer I had the privilege of becoming an Auntie to my beautiful niece Lisa-Mae whom of which I am very close to. This Easter will be her first Easter and I would like to make it fun throughout her childhood as I know it would have been something I would have enjoyed as a child.

But, what do you do for a 7 month old baby at Easter? She can't eat chocolate eggs and can't go Easter Egg hunting, so I sat for ages and wondered: What on earth could I do for her? I searched the internet for ideas but nothing was helping me! So after I decided upon this idea I thought I'd share it with everyone who may be in a similar situation to me.

First of all I decided I would buy her an Easter egg basket which I would keep throughout her childhood for every Easter. I also thought it would come in handy when she is old enough to do Easter Egg hunts as she can collect her eggs and put them in the basket.
I took a trip to Hobbycraft and found this pink felt bucket with flowers on which was only £1.50!

I then decided on a theme which I made about rabbits. Every item I would collect for the bucket would have to be somehow related to rabbits which just adds to the fun of it.

For my first present I found this cute fluffy rabbit from Ikea. I can't remember the price of it but I don't think it expensive.

Secondly, I found these cute little socks with little rabbit heads on the feet at Baby M&Co which have a rattle inside! I thought of these as practical yet still fun. I am not 100% sure how much they were but I think they were £2.

Lastly, I found a hard book which is baby proof called 'Peekaboo!' in Waterstones for £4.99. It's a touch-and feel book with flaps inside and you have to lift the flap to see something pop out with fun material on to touch. Excellent for learning babies! As you can see there is a rabbit on the front cover and overall I knew my niece would love it.

I doubt I will add anything else to the collection but you never know! I haven't told my sister (niece's mother) about it as I want it to be a surprise for both of them. I hope to continue this tradition always for my niece and I can't wait to design Easter Egg hunts for her! I am really looking forward to Easter now so I can see her smiling face when she sees her presents.

What did you used to do for Easter as a child? Are you buying anything for the child in your life? Let me know and also tell me what you think of my idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment